Column Width Adjustment

  1. #1
    JerryA
    Guest

    Column Width Adjustment

    Is there a way to adjust the column width automatically to fit the length of
    the longest data in the cell. I know how to do it one column at a time but
    not how to do all columns of data at once.

    Thanks,

    Jerry

  2. #2
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: Column Width Adjustment

    Do a <Ctrl> <A>
    to select the entire sheet, then,
    Do the same thing you would do for a single Column:
    <Format> <Column> <AutoFit>
    --
    HTH,

    RD

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Martin Rice
    Guest

    Re: Column Width Adjustment

    Jerry

    In a macro use

    Columns.AutoFit

    Without a macro, select all cells (the interection of row and column
    headings) and double click on any one column junction.

    Martin

    --
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Visit Eighty-Twenty Spreadsheet Automation for professional customised

    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/martin.rice1/

  4. #4
    Bruce Sinclair
    Guest

    Re: Column Width Adjustment

    In article <[email protected]>, =?Utf-8?B?SmVycnlB?= <[email protected]> wrote:
    >Is there a way to adjust the column width automatically to fit the length of
    >the longest data in the cell. I know how to do it one column at a time but
    >not how to do all columns of data at once.

    Select all the columns you want to do this with and double click on the
    right side of the column header. Done.

    Bruce

    (if there were any)