My spreadsheet prints to two pages on different computers

  1. #1
    Kevin
    Guest

    My spreadsheet prints to two pages on different computers

    I'm using Office 97 Pro, updated with the SR2 patch. My Excel spreadsheet
    prints to one page on my Epson Stylus Photo R200 and my Samsung ML-1430
    laser printer. But when I email my spreadsheet to a friend, he complains
    that my margins are not set correctly and it prints to two pages on his
    printers. I'm happy with my setup, but something is not right on his end.
    How can I ensure that my spreadsheet prints the same for anyone I send it
    to?

  2. #2
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: My spreadsheet prints to two pages on different computers

    File>Page Setup>Page tab, check Fit to 1 Page

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten

  3. #3
    Kevin
    Guest

    Re: My spreadsheet prints to two pages on different computers

    "Niek Otten" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:%[email protected]...
    > File>Page Setup>Page tab, check Fit to 1 Page
    >
    > --
    > Kind regards,
    >
    > Niek Otten
    >
    > "Kevin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> I'm using Office 97 Pro, updated with the SR2 patch. My Excel
    >> spreadsheet prints to one page on my Epson Stylus Photo R200 and my
    >> Samsung ML-1430 laser printer. But when I email my spreadsheet to a
    >> friend, he complains that my margins are not set correctly and it prints
    >> to two pages on his printers. I'm happy with my setup, but something is
    >> not right on his end. How can I ensure that my spreadsheet prints the
    >> same for anyone I send it to?

    Thanks for the tip! I'm already set up this way. The spreadsheet in
    question is a one page spreadsheet, designed to fit onto one sheet of 11 x 8
    1/2 paper, in portrait mode. It prints to one page on my system, but to two
    pages on my friends. He's complaining that my margins are not set to 0.25
    inches for both left and right and that this is why it prints to two pages
    for him. Margins for the spreadsheet are set to 0.75 inches and print
    perfectly for me. Other ideas?

  4. #4
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: My spreadsheet prints to two pages on different computers

    Kevin, how a sheet prints depends on the print driver that is installed,
    different prints will print sheets different ways
    --
    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003

  5. #5
    vandenberg p
    Guest

    Re: My spreadsheet prints to two pages on different computers

    Hello:

    There is no way to insure that your spreadsheet will print the
    same on every computer. (If you want people to see a particular
    format then send a pdf file, in fact that is one of the reasons
    pdf's are popular.) Why? Because the printing is actually not
    controlled directly by Excel (or for that matter any other
    Windows application). The printer driver is written by the
    printer manufacturer, (either directly or indirectly) for
    Windows. One of the features that printing depends upon is
    printable area of the paper. Depending upon how the printer
    is built that area can vary. When you set up the margins of
    a document using your default printer the margins reflect
    the characteristics of your printer. When the document
    is moved to a different computer there is a reasonable chance
    that the margins will be adjusted to fit the capabilities of
    the new default printer.

    Tell your friend to do a print preview and set the printer
    in the way that was suggested by Niek Otten. It should print on one
    page. (I do know that on one of my printers it is possible to
    set the document to print on one page and end up with two.
    Usually the second page contains one row of cells. I have
    never figured out the combination of events that cause
    this to happen, but it does only happen if I have it set to
    print gridlines and column/row headings. I have a feeling
    that the width of the gridlines adds just enough height
    that the printer over-rides the driver setting to keep within
    the printable area.)

    Pieter Vandenberg

    Kevin <[email protected]> wrote:

    : "Niek Otten" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    : news:%[email protected]...
    :> File>Page Setup>Page tab, check Fit to 1 Page
    :>
    :> --
    :> Kind regards,
    :>