excluding valuse from an average

  1. #1
    toot033
    Guest

    excluding valuse from an average

    I am setting up a tracking spread sheet and I would like to be able to
    average the weekly values and then average this for a monthly and a
    cumulative monthly average. The problem that I am having is there are
    certain weeks that there won't be any values. Is there a way to exclude
    these reading ( I am calling them "0" in this spread sheet ) and still be
    able to use the average function?
    Thanks in advance for any and all help in this matter

  2. #2
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: excluding valuse from an average

    If you leave them blank rathr than zero, AVERAGE() will ignore them.
    --
    Gary's Student

  3. #3
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: excluding valuse from an average

    Enter this an array formula Ctrl+Shift+Enter

    =AVERAGE(IF(A1:A100<>0,A1:A100))

    or enter as normal:

    =SUM(A1:A100)/(COUNTIF(A1:A100,">0")+COUNTIF(A1:A100,"<0"))

    HTH