Seperating First and Last Names

  1. #1
    WilsonLA
    Guest

    Seperating First and Last Names

    How do I sepearate first and last name to two cells from one cell?

  2. #2
    Gazeta
    Guest

    Re: Seperating First and Last Names

    Użytkownik "WilsonLA" <[email protected]> napisał w
    wiadomości news:[email protected]...
    > How do I sepearate first and last name to two cells from one cell?

    try to use text to column
    mcg

  3. #3
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: Seperating First and Last Names

    WilsonLA, have a look at data, text to columns, post back if you need more
    help with it
    --
    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4

    Re: Seperating First and Last Names

    Select your column of names
    data|text to columns
    delimited, by space

    This will work nicely with two names--maybe exactly the way you want with
    multiple names.

  5. #5

    Re: Seperating First and Last Names

    Maybe NOT exactly the way you want with multiple names.

    I left out NOT.