Character Limitation

  1. #1

    Character Limitation

    Hi,
    I wonder if anyone can help. I have some cells that have lots of text in - after around 1100 it seems to cut of the text. So ,if I do a row 'autofit' height it doesn't show all the text - however if I click the fx button it shows it all - making sense?

    I need to be able to print the file showing all the text - has anyone got any idea how I can do this please?

    Thanks in advance for any help!!

    Viv

  2. #2

    Re: Character Limitation

    If you pepper alt-enters (to force new lines within the cell) every 80-100
    characters, you'll be able to see more characters.

  3. #3
    Thanks Dave - is there anyway to automate this? I have quite a few cells with too much text!

  4. #4

    Re: Character Limitation

    I guess you could look at the value in each cell and plop in those alt-enters.

    I always wanted more control over where the line would break, though.

  5. #5

    Re: Character Limitation

    Try this against a copy (or close without saving)...

    Option Explicit
    Sub testme01()
    Dim myRng As Range
    Dim myCell As Range