macro security settings excel change back to low

  1. #1
    john mcmichael
    Guest

    macro security settings excel change back to low

    I would like to set Excel 2003 macro settings to High, however, every time I
    do this save and close the file and reopen it, it changes back to low. Can I
    set it to High by default so that it stays that way?

    Thanks.

    Have a great day

  2. #2
    Mike Middleton
    Guest

    Re: macro security settings excel change back to low

    john mcmichael -

    Maybe it's not a file setting. Maybe it's an application (Excel) setting.
    Try this: change to High, close Excel, and restart Excel.

    - Mike
    www.mikemiddleton.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    john mcmichael
    Guest

    Re: macro security settings excel change back to low

    No luck. When I set security to low and close and reopen, security defaults
    back to low. Any other help would be appreciated. Thanks again in advance
    for your help.

  4. #4
    Mike Middleton
    Guest

    Re: macro security settings excel change back to low

    john -

    You wrote "When I set security to low and close and reopen, security
    defaults back to low."

    Yes, that's what I would expect.

    But, what happens if you do what I suggested?

    That is, "change to High, close Excel, and restart Excel."

    - Mike