to keep a running balance

  1. #1
    johnilee
    Guest

    to keep a running balance

    What I want to do is take the balance from a previous worksheet, in the same
    work book and subtract from that balance. Help!!!

  2. #2
    Tim Whitley
    Guest

    RE: to keep a running balance

    Not sure is I completely undeerstand the question but my gusee is that the
    following would meet your need:

    =Sheet2!A1-Sheet1!A1

    This assumes that the balance from the previous worksheet is still named
    Sheet1 and the balance that you need to deduct is in cell A1 from that page.
    It also assumes that you are subtracting the balance from cell A1 on Sheet2.

    Hope it helps.

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    Pakistan