Custom data validation

  1. #1
    Guy Normandeau
    Guest

    Custom data validation

    I have several function that needs to be done as part of validation. This
    requires that I call a custom function. Is there a way that I can call a
    custom function from the data validation? I see many examples that calls
    standard Excel functions but I do not see any custom calls.

    Also, which is faster? A validation done using the Data Validation or an
    event trigger? I will be validating between 10000 and 15000 rows.

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Custom data validation

    For 10000-15000 rows, I would use an event.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Guy Normandeau
    Guest

    Re: Custom data validation

    If I use an event. How can I manually trigger an error condition so that the
    user will be forced to re-input the cell with a valid entry?

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Custom data validation