why cant i download xcel spread sheet email onto MS works XP

  1. #1
    ilona
    Guest

    why cant i download xcel spread sheet email onto MS works XP

    my friend sent an excel spreadsheet doc to me by email attachment. I have
    windows xp with MS Works. I try to open the doc and windows does not
    recognise it and I can't save it to my computer under my documents.

    How can I open/save it
    thanks
    ilona

  2. #2

    Re: why cant i download xcel spread sheet email onto MS works XP

    Excel (and the rest of office) doesn't come with windows. (MS does package
    MSWord with Works--but not Excel.)

    The free viewer (no changes allowed) from Microsoft:
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/of...347961033.aspx

    and the older version if they can't run the one above:

    http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...S/xlViewer.exe
    (One line in your browser)

    or...

    Maybe a free spreadsheet program would work:
    http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD

  3. #3
    ilona
    Guest

    "Dave Peterson" wrote:

    > Excel (and the rest of office) doesn't come with windows. (MS does package
    > MSWord with Works--but not Excel.)
    >
    > The free viewer (no changes allowed) from Microsoft:
    > http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/of...347961033.aspx
    >
    > and the older version if they can't run the one above:
    >
    > http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...S/xlViewer.exe
    > (One line in your browser)
    >
    > or...
    >
    > Maybe a free spreadsheet program would work:
    > http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD
    >
    > ilona wrote:
    > >
    > > my friend sent an excel spreadsheet doc to me by email attachment. I have
    > > windows xp with MS Works. I try to open the doc and windows does not
    > > recognise it and I can't save it to my computer under my documents.
    > >
    > > How can I open/save it
    > > thanks
    > > ilona

    > --
    >
    > Dave Peterson

    Ok downloaded excel viewer and I can view the spreadsheet now. That was
    what I needed. thanks !>