Summing based on 2 criteria

  1. #1

    Summing based on 2 criteria

    I am trying to get a cell to sum based on 2 different ranges. Example, I have one column called status (which has a range of 0-5) and one called Type (which is based on SF, Acres, and Units). I've also got a 3rd column that is called size and it contains only numeric values that need to be summed up.

    I was trying to figure out how I could create a formula that is able to search all of the 1s in the first column and match it up with all of the "Acres" in the other column and give me a total summed up value based on a third numeric column.

  2. #2
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: Summing based on 2 criteria

    There is a very powerful tool called SUMPRODUCT() that can help you. There
    is also a really good explanation at:

    http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctio...tml#SumProduct
    --
    Gary's Student

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Summing based on 2 criteria

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A200=1),--(B2:B200="Acres"),C2:C200)

    Note that SUMPRODUCT doesn't work with complete columns, you have to specify
    a range.

    Bob Phillips

    "cubsfan" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...