How do I change my documet so the tab key will go to the next line

  1. #1
    vandli
    Guest

    How do I change my documet so the tab key will go to the next line

    As I am tabbing through the cells, I would like it to hit tab in my last
    column and move to the next line, first colum, rather than arrowing over or
    using the mouse. How can I do this?

  2. #2

    Re: How do I change my documet so the tab key will go to the next line

    Select your range first (Like A1:H20)

    Then tab through the selection.

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How do I change my documet so the tab key will go to the next line

    Say you start with A1 selected. Type something in A1 and hit the Tab key to go
    to B1.

    Type and Tab your way across to H1. When leaving H1 hit the <ENTER> key and you
    will go back to A2

    Rule is.........you will go back to the original column in which you started and
    down 1 row.

    Alternate methods of defining cell order can be found at Bob Phillips' site.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  4. #4
    vandli
    Guest

    Re: How do I change my documet so the tab key will go to the next

    Where do I go to select the range?

  5. #5

    Re: How do I change my documet so the tab key will go to the next

    Use your mouse to highlight the range.