Fix for problem opening/saving files

  1. #1
    Patricia Shannon
    Guest

    Fix for problem opening/saving files

    A recent Windows update has been causing many people problems opening and
    saving files. See the following for possible solutions:

    http://www.microsoft.com/communities...1d7&sloc=en-us

    http://www.microsoft.com/communities...21d&sloc=en-us

    http://www.microsoft.com/communities...a-4b9fcf741916

  2. #2
    Charles Kenyon
    Guest

    Re: Fix for problem opening/saving files

    I didn't read your links because they may be out of date. This problem is
    well known to readers of this newsgroup.

    See: You may experience problems in Windows Explorer or in the Windows shell
    after you install security update MS06-015
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=918165

    If you aren't comfortable with editing the Windows registry yourself, then
    go to http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm and scroll down to Item
    No. 383 "Hewlett-Packard's Share-to-Web software - Fix". Download and run
    the script to automatically modify your registry as described in KB918165.
    You may need to temporarily disable your antivirus program in order to run
    the script.

    A revised version of the update is supposed to be released today, Tuesday,
    April 25, to fix these problems.
    --
    Charles Kenyon

    from my ignorance and your wisdom.

    "Patricia Shannon" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Patricia Shannon
    Guest

    Re: Fix for problem opening/saving files

    This may be "well known" to some people, but I saw several questions about it
    posted today in various boards. If you are looking for these questions and
    giving people the latest info, that's great.