Re: export public contacts

  1. #1
    William Cheung
    Guest

    Re: export public contacts

    Dear,

    let me explain in detail that i want.
    i would use outlook public contacts as a central contact database for whole
    company those contacts will reuse for several prepous in excel, such as
    invoice, quotation, purchase...
    i can't find an method to read outlook public folder from excel, so i try
    export public folder to a database that excel can read.
    it is quite difficult for me, any help for me?

    thanks,
    William

  2. #2
    Ardus Petus
    Guest

    Re: export public contacts

    Yes you can read Oulook database from Excel.

    You need to set a reference to Microsoft Outlook object library
    The following code shows you how to access the Contacts folder in Outlook

    AP

    '---------------
    Sub ListOutlookContacts()
    Dim appOutlook As Outlook.Application
    Dim folderContacts As Outlook.MAPIFolder
    Dim itemContact As ContactItem
    Dim iRow As Long

    Set appOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
    Set folderContacts = appOutlook.GetNamespace("MAPI") _
    .getdefaultfolder(olFolderContacts)

    iRow = 0
    For Each itemContact In folderContacts.Items
    iRow = iRow + 1
    With itemContact
    Cells(iRow, 1) = .FullName
    Cells(iRow, 2) = .BusinessAddress
    Cells(iRow, 3) = .Email1Address
    Cells(iRow, 4) = .BusinessTelephoneNumber
    End With
    Next itemContact
    appOutlook.Quit
    End Sub
    '----------------
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    IvKo
    Guest

    Re: export public contacts

    http://www.imibo.com/imidev/Exchange/imice.htm

    IMI Contacts Exporter for Microsoft Exchange Server is specially designed
    for Microsoft Outlook users to export Contacts from any Outlook and/or
    Exchange Public Contacts Folder (or private Mailbox folder) to MS Access
    2000 table or MS Excel file.

    http://www.imibo.com/imidev/Exchange/imice.htm

    news:[email protected]...