Capitalization of first word in a cell

  1. #1
    Dave
    Guest

    Capitalization of first word in a cell

    I had this set up on my old computer, but can't seem to find how to get it
    set up on the new computer I just got.

    I want the first word in a cell to be automatically capitalized.

    Thanks.

    --
    Dave

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Capitalization of first word in a cell

    In Excel?

    You can get it in another cell with

    =UPPER(LEFT(A1,1))&MID(A1,2,255)

    Bob Phillips

  3. #3
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Capitalization of first word in a cell

    right click sheet tab>view code>insert this.
    You may want to restrict to certain columns/rows???

    Application.EnableEvents = False
    Target = Application.Proper(Target)
    Application.EnableEvents = True

    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    [email protected]

  4. #4
    R. Choate
    Guest

    Re: Capitalization of first word in a cell

    You might also check out the text tools in the J-Walk PUP add-in. Go to the J-Walk site (John Walkenbach) at
    http://j-walk.com/ss/pup/pup6/index.htm

    This add-in is really the best thing since sliced bread. I've used it for years and could not work without it. He gives you a free
    trial and the registration is cheap if you decide to keep it.

    RMC,CPA

  5. #5
    Rae Drysdale
    Guest

    RE: Capitalization of first word in a cell

    Tools |Autocorrect Options. Check the box to Capitalize first word in
    sentences.
    --
    Rae Drysdale

  6. #6
    R. Choate
    Guest

    Re: Capitalization of first word in a cell

    How stupid of me. I didn't even think of the most obvious answer. Although I feel like an idiot for not remembering the built-in
    feature, I will still recommend the PUP add-in because it is very useful for any Excel user, and I do consider it indespinsable.

    Thanks!

    --
    RMC,CPA