how do i delete the data in one spreadsheet from another

  1. #1
    jennifer
    Guest

    how do i delete the data in one spreadsheet from another

    i have my mailing list in excel in a long list of emails. each month when i
    get unsubscribes i have to go through manually and find and delete. is there
    a way that i can take the list of unsubscribers in one sheet and delete them
    from my main list?

    thank you

  2. #2
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: how do i delete the data in one spreadsheet from another

    Only with some VBA code. The following code assumes you have your
    master emails in a sheet called "Emails" and the emails to
    unsubscribe in a worksheet called "Unsubscribe". Change the
    A1:A100 range to the range of cells on your "Unsubscribe" sheet.

    Sub AAA()
    Dim Rng As Range
    Dim FoundCell As Range
    For Each Rng In Worksheets("Unsubscribe").Range("A1:A100")
    Set FoundCell =
    Worksheets("Emails").Range("A:A").Find(what:=Rng.Text)
    If Not FoundCell Is Nothing Then
    FoundCell.EntireRow.Delete
    End If
    Next Rng

    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson
    Microsoft MVP - Excel
    Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
    www.cpearson.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    jennifer
    Guest

    RE: how do i delete the data in one spreadsheet from another

    goog grief that was quick! thank you very much although it is still all
    sounding a bit greek to me. if it helps i sell paintings for a living so i
    may have to get someone to translate this for me. i'm terrible at tech speak.

    thank you so much though

    jenni