How to seperate 2 values to 2 different cells

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor

    How to seperate 2 values to 2 different cells

    In the examples below these values are in column B. I'd like the values beyond the + sigh to move to the next cell. So B only contains CA*F060*2* AND C contains G*V80905C

    1 CA*F060*2*+G*V80905C**
    2 CA*F060*2*+G*V81155C**
    3 CA*F060*2*+G*V90905D**
    4 CA*F060*2*+G*V950905D**
    5 CA*F060*2*+G*V951155D**
    6 CA*F060*2*+MBE1600

  2. #2
    Bill Foster
    Guest

    RE: How to seperate 2 values to 2 different cells

    Highlight the data range,
    Under the Data menu choose "Text to Columns",
    Keep Delimited as the choice on the first screen, hit "Next"
    put a "+" in the box to the right of "Other" and hit "Finish".

    Bill

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How to seperate 2 values to 2 different cells

    nander

    Make sure there is an empty column to right of the cells.

    Select all cells.

    Data>Text to Columns>Delimited by>Other. Enter the + sign and finish.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP