Convert CSV File Into Formatted Excel Document

  1. #1
    Andy
    Guest

    Convert CSV File Into Formatted Excel Document

    Hi,

    I am wondering how i can convert CSV file into formatted excel
    document/template. For example, i have a csv file and a formatted excel
    template (column A is bold, column B is italic and etc.) file, my question is
    that is there a way to open/load the csv file into the formatted excel file
    maintaining the excel format? thanks.

    Andy

  2. #2
    Pete_UK
    Guest

    Re: Convert CSV File Into Formatted Excel Document

    If you open the .csv file it will appear in its own window. You could
    then open your template. In the .csv file window, highlight all the
    cells (CTRL-A) and click <copy> then click over to your template
    window, ensure that your cursor is in cell A1 and Edit | Paste Special
    | Values (check), OK and <Esc> - by using paste special, the formats in
    your template will remain. Don't forget to use File | Save As to save
    the template with a different name.

    An alternative is to <copy> all the cells in the template, click over
    to the .csv file window, select A1 then Edit | Paste Special | Formats
    (check) then OK and <Esc> - this approach will paste the formats over
    the data you have just imported (you could use the format painter, as
    well).

    Hope this helps.

    Pete

  3. #3
    Andy
    Guest

    Re: Convert CSV File Into Formatted Excel Document

    thanks, Pete. It really helps.

    Andy

  4. #4
    Pete_UK
    Guest

    Re: Convert CSV File Into Formatted Excel Document

    Well, thanks for feeding back, Andy.

    Pete