copy/paste words in cell can't be read on screen

  1. #1
    MO
    Guest

    copy/paste words in cell can't be read on screen

    I have been copying information from e-mails and pasting into cells within
    excel. Although I have text wrap on, the text does not wrap. I paste a
    great deal of information into cells. The only way I can get text to wrap is
    to use Alt & enter which creates a hard return. Is there another workaound
    so I don't have to continue doing this?
    --
    Thank you for your help
    MO

  2. #2
    Dave O
    Guest

    Re: copy/paste words in cell can't be read on screen

    Have you tried formatting the cells to allow text wrapping _after_ the
    paste from email? When you copy and paste from another application you
    may be inadvertently bringing in formatting from that other application
    that conflicts with or overrides existing formats in Excel. For
    instance if you copy a section of text off a web page and paste it into
    Excel you'll get a ton of unexpected formatting. Formatting after the
    paste may resolve your problem.

  3. #3
    John
    Guest

    RE: copy/paste words in cell can't be read on screen

    Try choosing Special Paste - unicode text or paste directly to the fx bar.