Rounding numbers up or down

  1. #1
    Jaco Jacobs
    Guest

    Rounding numbers up or down

    I have a spreadsheet with two worksheets. The one worksheet contants a load
    of data and I want the other to get the information and then round the number
    to the next highest as soon as it gets to .6 All the other values I would
    like it to keep.

    The current formula to get the data from the "Totals" worksheet is
    =SUMIF(Totals!A:A,B7,Totals!B:B)

    I would like it to take the number that it gets and if it is .6 (OF ANY
    NUMBER) i want it to round up to the next highest number. If the number is
    between 0 and .5 i want it to show that single decimal value.

    Hope this makes sense.

  2. #2
    JMB
    Guest

    RE: Rounding numbers up or down

    If the number you want to round is in cell A1 (for your purposes replace A1
    with your SUMIF statement), try
    =ROUNDUP(A1,MOD(ROUND(A1,2),1)<0.6)

    I used ROUND(A1,2) because Excel can have issues w/binary fractions (some
    decimals cannot be stored accurately in binary- similar to 1/3 cannot be
    represented accurately as a decimal). You may want to change the level of
    precision depending on your data.