I am trying to change Smith, John to John Smith

  1. #1
    Levi
    Guest

    I am trying to change Smith, John to John Smith

    The tricky part about this is the that it must be done in only 2 cells, all
    of the example given in the Excel tutorials are using one cell for each name,
    one for the first and one for the last. That however, does not help me. I
    must convert these names in singles cells like such From:CELL1--[Smith,
    John] To:CELL2--[John Smith]. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE....1000 Thanks.

  2. #2
    Elkar
    Guest

    RE: I am trying to change Smith, John to John Smith

    Try this:

    =MID(A1,FIND(",",A1,1)+2,1024)&" "&LEFT(A1,FIND(",",A1,1)-1)

    HTH,
    Elkar

  3. #3
    Forum Expert daddylonglegs's Avatar
    England
    MS-Off Ver
    14,675
    It's difficult to tell from your post but, assuming the first and last names are separated by a comma then a space

    =MID(A1&" "&A1,FIND(",",A1)+2,LEN(A1)-1)

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: I am trying to change Smith, John to John Smith

    As long as they are all of that format

    =MID(A1,FIND(", ",A1)+2,255)&" "&LEFT(A1,FIND(", ",A1)-1)

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...