Change Smith, John to John Smith

  1. #1
    Levi
    Guest

    Change Smith, John to John Smith

    This seems very easy right? Well, the name list that I am currently
    converting is a little querky. I would like to do this----> Cell.A1 [Smith,
    John] Cell.A2[John Smith]
    Here is hwere it gets a little tricky....I need to nest the TRIM function to
    remedy extra spaces incurred by the data input girl. I would also prefer to
    use the RIGHT, LEFT functions in place of the MID function. I would really
    appreciate any advice I could get out there. A friend told me it can be done
    but cannot remember the formula..
    THANK YOU

  2. #2
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: Change Smith, John to John Smith

    =TRIM(RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND(",",A1))) & " " & TRIM(LEFT(A1,FIND(",",A1)-1))

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Change Smith, John to John Smith

    It's no harder than the previous two time that you asked it.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    RagDyeR
    Guest

    Re: Change Smith, John to John Smith

    It sounds like "homework" Bob, since he stipulates only 'certain' functions
    should be used.

    RD

  5. #5
    Bob Phillips