Separate Paragraphs in a cell?

  1. #1
    Quin
    Guest

    Separate Paragraphs in a cell?

    I need to type text into a large merged cell. To make the text look nice I
    want to be able to have a space between paragraphs. In Microsoft word I
    would just hit return or the enter key twice but in Excel doing that will
    just bounce you out of the cell.

    Is there a way to separate paragraphs in excel? I do not want to create
    separate cells to divide the paragraph. It must be divided within one cell
    or one merged cell.

    Thanks,

    Quin

  2. #2
    Rae Drysdale
    Guest

    RE: Separate Paragraphs in a cell?

    Have you thought about superimposing a text box on the cell?
    --
    Rae Drysdale

  3. #3
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: Separate Paragraphs in a cell?

    When editing a cell, do this to insert a new line in a cell:

    Hold down the [Alt] key and press [Enter]

    Does that help?
    ***********
    Regards,
    Ron

    XL2002, WinXP-Pro

  4. #4

    Re: Separate Paragraphs in a cell?

    Use alt-enters to force new lines within the cell.

    If you do it twice in a row, you'll be double spaced.

    Be careful. Excel may not show you all the text you type in that cell if you
    type lots of characters.

    You can pepper your paragraphs with those alt-enters (every 80-100 characters)
    and you'll see lots more than the 1024 documented limit.

    ===
    ps. Excel isn't a very nice word processor. You may want to reconsider and use
    MSWord.

  5. #5
    L. Howard Kittle
    Guest