Working with weekdays

  1. #1
    Barry Campbell
    Guest

    Working with weekdays

    Hi,

    I am trying to add and subtract weekdays.

    Example
    I must schedule the delivery of the printer two days prior to the scheduled
    7/10/2006 training date.

    High Level Formula: Training Date - 2 days lead time = delivery date

    What commands should I use to calculate the delivery date?

  2. #2
    Valued Forum Contributor
    Boston, MA US
    Posts
    1,094
    Assuming you do not want to include weekends as delivery dates.

    =WORKDAY(A1,-2)

    Where your training date is in A1. You can also have this ignore holidays. List your holidays in a range say C1:C10. Your formula would then be,

    =WORKDAY(A2,-2,C1:C10)

    If you want holidays and weekends included then just use

    =A2-2

    HTH

    Steve

  3. #3
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: Working with weekdays

    Try something like this:

    For a date in A1

    The below formulas set the Delivery date at 2 workdays prior to the date in
    A1:

    B1: =WORKDAY(A14,-2)
    Note: the WORKDAY function is part of the Analysis ToolPak (ATP) addin,
    which must be installed (if not already) and activated.<tools><add-ins>

    OR...avoiding the ATP.....
    B1: =A1-2-(WEEKDAY(A1)<4)*MIN(WEEKDAY(A1),2)

    or....this
    B1: =A1-CHOOSE(WEEKDAY(A1),3,4,4,2,2,2,2)

    Format B1 as a date

    Is that something you can work with?
    ***********
    Regards,
    Ron

    XL2002, WinXP

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Working with weekdays

    If it can arrive over a weekend, just use

    =A1-2

    where A1 is the scheduled date. Otherwise use

    =WORKDAY(A1,-2)

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...