Unlocking "check box" control function

  1. #1

    Unlocking "check box" control function

    Hi,

    Can anyone tell me how to protect a sheet while unlocking the "check
    box" control. I've tried checking the "locked" and "lock text" and
    every variation I can think of, but still when I click on the box to
    check/uncheck, it gives me an error saying that the cell is protected.
    I think it must be a Microsoft bug since it works for text boxes and
    just about everything else.

    Thanks,
    Alice

  2. #2

    Re: Unlocking "check box" control function

    Keep the linked cell unlocked.

    You could even assign the linked cell to a cell on a different worksheet.

  3. #3
    aliceinphx
    Guest

    Re: Unlocking "check box" control function

    That worked perfectly. Thanks!