Insert new worksheet option is greyed out. Why?

  1. #1
    Mags Tio
    Guest

    Insert new worksheet option is greyed out. Why?

    In Excel 2003, can no longer insert new worksheet into an existing workbook.
    There's about 70 sheets at the moment, but we have several books with more
    sheets and no problem. Anyone recognise the problem/know how to sort it?

  2. #2
    Doug Kanter
    Guest

    Re: Insert new worksheet option is greyed out. Why?

    "Mags Tio" <Mags [email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > In Excel 2003, can no longer insert new worksheet into an existing
    > workbook.
    > There's about 70 sheets at the moment, but we have several books with more
    > sheets and no problem. Anyone recognise the problem/know how to sort it?

    Is the workbook protected?

  3. #3
    Mags Tio
    Guest

    Re: Insert new worksheet option is greyed out. Why?

    Yes, as it turns out. Another user had protected the book without notifiying
    anyone! This has now been resolved. Thank you - I couldn't work out where to
    look!