Spreadsheet Macro

  1. #1
    Kristin from NYS
    Guest

    Spreadsheet Macro

    I would like to be able to insert a new worksheet(s) into a notebook with a
    macro. The new spreadsheet must appear at the end and if possible the tab be
    named in numerical order (i.e. 1, 2, 3, 4,...etc.). Is this possible and if
    so how do you write it?
    Thank you for the help and suggestions.
    kristin from nys

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: Spreadsheet Macro

    Here's a little modification on Chip Pearson's "SortWorksheets"
    macro..........it seems to do the job you ask.........

    Sub InsertWorksheetAndSortTabs()
    Dim N As Integer
    Dim M As Integer
    Dim FirstWSToSort As Integer
    Dim LastWSToSort As Integer
    Dim SortDescending As Boolean
    Sheets.Add
    SortDescending = False
    If ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.Count = 1 Then
    FirstWSToSort = 1
    LastWSToSort = Worksheets.Count
    Else
    With ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets
    For N = 2 To .Count
    If .Item(N - 1).Index <> .Item(N).Index - 1 Then
    MsgBox "You cannot sort non-adjacent sheets"
    Exit Sub
    End If
    Next N
    FirstWSToSort = .Item(1).Index
    LastWSToSort = .Item(.Count).Index
    End With
    End If
    For M = FirstWSToSort To LastWSToSort
    For N = M To LastWSToSort
    If SortDescending = True Then
    If UCase(Worksheets(N).Name) > UCase(Worksheets(M).Name) Then
    Worksheets(N).Move Before:=Worksheets(M)
    End If
    Else
    If UCase(Worksheets(N).Name) < UCase(Worksheets(M).Name) Then
    Worksheets(N).Move Before:=Worksheets(M)
    Next N
    Next M
    End Sub

    hth