Can I change the default font for a comment box in excel globally

  1. #1
    jammin
    Guest

    Can I change the default font for a comment box in excel globally

    I want to change the default font for all comment boxes globally. The
    current default font is too small and we have to change every box
    individually to a larger font currently - these are time consuming steps when
    you use a lot of comments. There is nothing in the online help that
    addresses it.

  2. #2
    Saruman
    Guest

    Re: Can I change the default font for a comment box in excel globally

    Yes you can.

    Create a comment in Excel, when it is on screen, move the cursor over the
    edge of the comment where the hatching is and when the cursor changes to a
    pointed cross with arrows on each end, then right click on the border and
    the properties for that individual comment will appear where text, lines and
    background colour can be changed.

    To change all future comments, in XP, Right Click the Desktop and go to
    Properties.
    On the Appearance tab, click the Advanced Button.
    From the Item Drop Down List, select Tooltip.
    Change the font or colour as required.
    Click OK and then Apply when returns to Arraerance Tab.
    Screen will dim while settings are applied.

    Unfortunately, THIS WILL CHANGE ALL SCREEN TOOLTIPS, whenever the mouse
    hovers over an item, to this colour and font size as well.

    I dont know if current comments will change or not. I believe that any
    comments that were individually amended by the first method above will stay
    unchanged but any default formatted comments will change colour only. Hope
    this helps.

    Saruman
    -------
    All Outgoing Mail Checked By Norton Anti-Virus 2003
    -------
    news:[email protected]...