Error using Advanced Filter Unique Records

  1. #1
    headly
    Guest

    Error using Advanced Filter Unique Records

    Have a list of 1000+ rows of data (countries). Use the adv filter unique to a
    new region but still get duplicate values for US and a 'salesperson'. Tried
    to trim to data, same result, brought into word and searched for a space,
    same problem. Ideas appreciated.

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Error using Advanced Filter Unique Records

    I doubt it is an error, I have never experienced an error so either you must
    apply it incorrectly or there are hidden characters, post a small sample in
    text like

    Header1 Header2 Header3
    data data data etc

    then post the criteria you are using

    Peo Sjoblom

    http://nwexcelsolutions.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    headly
    Guest

    Re: Error using Advanced Filter Unique Records

    OK mr. microsoft can do no wrong, have a look at my data at

    http://www.headly.com/data.xls

    TIA

  4. #4
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Error using Advanced Filter Unique Records

    These are the ones I got filtering

    US Maidson
    US Davis
    US Ali
    US Lee
    US Backel
    US Smith
    US Jackson
    US Brown

    which one is a duplicate?

  5. #5
    headly
    Guest

    Re: Error using Advanced Filter Unique Records

    OK, I want to filter unique records from column a to a new range and then
    filter the unique records from column b to a new range. When I do that I get
    two US and two Maidson. Is my office installation corrupted?

  6. #6
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Error using Advanced Filter Unique Records

    Include the column heading cells when you specify the list range.
    Otherwise the first entry will be treated as the heading, and may be
    repeated.

    Contextures
    http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html