Excel OLAP Connection Settings

  1. #1

    Excel OLAP Connection Settings

    Hi,

    I'm using Cubes through Excel 2003 and I'd like to be able to change
    the connection settings. For example: I'd like top change the server
    name.
    Any ideas how to do that???

    Help much appreciated.

    Chris

  2. #2
    Miguel Zapico
    Guest

    RE: Excel OLAP Connection Settings

    The connection string can be accessed with VBA. Check the value of
    activeworkbook.PivotCaches.Item(1).Connection, you may create a macro that
    craft a different connection string for different servers using that property.

    Hope this helps,
    Miguel.