how do i print booklet format in excel?

  1. #1
    elizabethrowzee
    Guest

    how do i print booklet format in excel?

    I have a 4 sheet Excel document that I need to print as a booklet (11" x 17"
    paper, with two 8 1/2" x 11" pages side-by-side on the front and two 8 1/2" x
    11" pages side-by-side on the back. I'm using Microsoft Office Excel 2003.

  2. #2
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: how do i print booklet format in excel?

    Booklets are not an Excel feature
    best wishes
    --
    Bernard V Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

    "elizabethrowzee" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    SVC
    Guest

    RE: how do i print booklet format in excel?

    In my experience, this cannot be accomplished directly from Excel. When
    printing worksheets, Excel treats each sheet as a separate document and puts
    in on a separate sheet.

    My workaround would be to copy/paste (or copy/paste link) ranges (one range
    per worksheet) as a Microsoft Excel Worksheet Object or Picture (Windos
    Metafile) into a Word document, placing the sheets side by side on two 11 X
    17 sheets (use File > Page Setup, and set the proper page size). Use Format
    > Object to set the Layout (In front of text allows you to move the object

    around on the page). You could also use a 1X2 Word table to hold your pasted
    objects or create a two-column page with one orksheet per column. Then print
    using duplexing on your printer (if available) or print one side and flip for
    the second side.

    All this assumes, of course, that you have a printer that will handle 11 X
    17 paper.

  4. #4
    RedRitz
    Guest

    RE: how do i print booklet format in excel?

    It would be nice if Microsoft would of put this in their knowledge base
    instead of having their clients spend wasted hours trying to figure this out.
    Thanks for the great help, SVC!