LINE CHARTS

  1. #1
    Aurora
    Guest

    LINE CHARTS

    I am new to Excel 2003

    This is a second posting. The first ans I got did not help me at all.

    I have a line chart for the year - Jan thru Dec. Right now the chart only
    contains data for Jan thru April. Then the line goes down to the bottom of
    the chart (to May - zero data point). I call this the "tail". I know it is
    there because I do not have any data in May-Dec yet. But I want to get rid
    of the tail. On Excel 2000, I was able to right click, near the data point,
    and choose "no line" and the "tail" went away. Now when I do this, either all
    of the lines between the points disappear or the tail jumps to the next month
    (June).

    How do I get rid of the tail? I know I could limit the source data
    to just the months I have data in, but I really do not want to go back into
    the charts every month and re-set the source data each month. I have about
    20 charts with anywhere from 2 - 6 lines on each chart. To do this would be
    a real pain.

    Can anyone help me or point me in the right direction? I need to complete
    these charts ASAP.

    Aurora

  2. #2
    Bill Kuunders
    Guest

    Re: LINE CHARTS

    To automate your chart
    have a look at :
    http://techrepublic.com.com/5100-108...ml?tag=nl.e056

    This describes a method to automattically change the data ranges.

    --
    Greetings from New Zealand
    Bill K

    news:[email protected]...