Change events

  1. #1
    Steve
    Guest

    Change events

    Can someone please provide me with an example of a change event where,
    if a value from a formula in column A (all formulas) changes to let's
    say "apples" have it trigger "macro1", if the value from a formula in
    column A changes to "oranges" let it trigger "macro2". Then to
    complicate matters, worse, I'd like to be able to expand on it to look
    at columns "B", "C" and "D" (again all formulas) and look for "pears",
    and so on....to trigger other macros....Please advise, Steve

  2. #2
    Steve
    Guest

    Re: Change events

    I left out one other important note, that is, I have a macro button on
    another sheet of this workbook that when it is selected it is actually
    what might change the value in the formula cells listed previously.
    that is, another macro updates the cells in column A....

  3. #3
    Diva
    Guest

    Re: Change events

    You can use "Worksheet_Change" event. This event is meant for these
    type of purposes.
    Diva

  4. #4
    Steve
    Guest

    Re: Change events

    I'm really looking for some help on how to make the example I gave
    work. any ideas? Steve

  9. #9
    Otto Moehrbach
    Guest

    Re: Change events

    The Worksheet_Change event will not work for this. Think of it this way.
    The Change event macro fires if the contents of a cell changes. You say
    that the contents of your cells are formulas, and those formulas don't
    change. Yes, the results of the formulas change, but not the formulas.
    Here you have to understand the difference between what is in a cell (a
    formula) and what is displayed in a cell (the formula result). The change
    event fires if the content of the cell is changed, so it won't fire if the
    result of a formula changes.
    The event that fires in your case is the Worksheet_Calculate event or
    macro. And that macro is not as user-friendly as the Worksheet_Change event
    macro because it does not have a Target cell identified. The Target cell
    being the cell that triggered the calculation. Therefore, you have to
    generate a work-around to zero in on the cell that triggered the
    calculation. HTH Otto
    news:[email protected]...