Subtotals by count

  1. #1
    PineRest
    Guest

    Subtotals by count

    Running Excel 2003 Sp1. I have a spreadsheet with 2 colums that I need a
    subtotals on. The column A has doctor name in it. Column B has procedure
    codes in it. The file is sorted by doctor's name and within doctor's name,
    procedure codes. What I am after is the subtotal of the count of each
    procedure codes that a dr has done When I use the "Data>Subtotal" function,
    I don't get the results I expect. The following is an exmaple of the raw data
    and then what I am trying to accomplish. Any help would be greatly
    appreciated.

    Raw Data
    Col A Col B
    Dr. A Procedure code 1