Count If on colours in a cell?

  1. #1
    Jelinek
    Guest

    Count If on colours in a cell?

    Hi
    i have a spreadsheet that i use define what my collegues are doing e.g on
    holiday,sick, BAU, or Projects amongst others and each one has a colour code.

    at the end of the period i would like to count the number of cells that are
    coloured red = sick, the number of cells that are blue =project etc etc.

    Is there away i can do this the cells are just coloured and have no text or
    numbers written in them.

    Many thanks

    Simon

  2. #2
    I have a similar spreadsheet that i assign a letter to each activity e.g. S for sick, L for Leave and so on. I realise i can only do this for up to 3 conditions in any one cell but i then use a simple Countif along the row looking for S, L and so on.

    Sorry i can't answer the actual question but i thought this might offer an alternative solution.

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Count If on colours in a cell?