What format for forum file attachments?

  1. #1

    What format for forum file attachments?

    i would like to attach a file to my post. however, when i save it as a regular excel file, it will not upload (says it's an invalid file). what type of file should i save it as?

    thank you
    kelly

  2. #2
    Doug Kanter
    Guest

    Re: What format for forum file attachments?

    "kellbro" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

    > i would like to attach a file to my post. however, when i save it as a
    > regular excel file, it will not upload (says it's an invalid file).
    > what type of file should i save it as?
    >
    > thank you
    > kelly

    Newsgroups like this one will not accept attachments. Text only. If you want
    to send someone a file, you'll have to do so via their e-mail.

  3. #3
    Dave O
    Guest

    Re: What format for forum file attachments?

    You appear to be posting at www.excelforum.com- that site probably has
    an FAQ or Help section that should explain a) if it is allowed, and b)
    how to do it.

  4. #4
    Doug Kanter

  6. #6
    Doug Kanter

  8. #8
    JLatham
    Guest

    RE: What format for forum file attachments?

    An alternative is to provide a link to an internet-accessible copy of the
    file. If you don't have personal web site available, you could consider
    using www.yousendit.com - upload it to them, email it to yourself, and the
    use the link they provide to the file in your posting.