annoying automatic hyperlinks

  1. #1
    Paul Pedersen
    Guest

    annoying automatic hyperlinks

    Is there any way to prevent Excel from automatically making a hyperlink out
    of anything that looks like it ought to be one? I find this "feature" very
    annoying.

    I don't even like hyperlinks in my spreadsheets. I almost never have a use
    for that. Why does Excel force me to deal with them?

    Also, there really ought to be an easier, single-click way to remove all
    hyperlinks at once. Or is there one I don't know about?

  2. #2
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: annoying automatic hyperlinks

    Paul,

    Use Tools, AutoCorrent Options... "Autoformat as you type" and un-check "Internet and network links
    with hyperlinks"

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

  3. #3
    Patricia Shannon
    Guest

    Re: annoying automatic hyperlinks

    If you know VBA, it would be easy to write a macro that would remove all of
    your hyperlinks froma worksheet.

  4. #4
    Paul Pedersen
    Guest