Problem with Autosave

  1. #1
    Brian Clarke
    Guest

    Problem with Autosave

    I use XL2000, but Office recently had to be reinstalled. I use Autosave, and
    I leave it set to save without prompting. Before the re-installation, it
    retained those settings from day to day.

    Now it doesn't. I have to adjust the settings each time I start XL up. I
    can't see any way of making the settings permanent. Is this being caused by
    some obscure registry problem maybe?

    I would appreciate any thoughts.

  2. #2
    Gizmo63
    Guest

    RE: Problem with Autosave

    Have you searched on previous posts? I remember this cropping up before but
    can't remember the answer.

    Giz

    PS: in 2003 and later you lose the option entirely in favour of
    "Autorecover"

  3. #3
    Brian
    Guest

    Re: Problem with Autosave

    Thanks Giz,

    I found the answer. It's related to this copy of Office 2000 not having been
    updated to SR1-a and later (long story).

    Brian

    news:[email protected]...