Sorting lists

  1. #1
    bryce
    Guest

    Sorting lists

    I have a worksheet with over 500 names on it. i want to set up my list in
    the drop down menu so that i can search by alphabet versus each individual
    record. how can i do this?

  2. #2
    Abhishek kedia
    Guest

    RE: Sorting lists

    HI
    BRYCE

    TRY
    DATA-FILTER-AUTOFILTER

    THANKS

  3. #3
    bryce
    Guest

    RE: Sorting lists

    actually in the drop down list i want the alphabet to show up versus each
    individual record.. that way if i am looking for more than one record that
    starts with the same letter....

  4. #4
    Abode
    Guest

    RE: Sorting lists

    Perhaps adding a column and entering the formula =Left(A1,1) and drag that
    through. Then use AutoFormat for that. That should give you the first
    letter at the very least. its a quick fix at they very least.