Any way to increase a series of cells by one?

  1. #1
    Sonny Dumas
    Guest

    Any way to increase a series of cells by one?

    Hello,

    Could anyone tell me how to make cells increase by a single number, and
    repeat the same number (i.e.: for a bar code) [the same number] as well? We
    need to print a number, and its bar code on a sticker, then a new number and
    its new bar code on another sticker. etc., etc, forever I think! Probably
    very simple, but I have no idea how to do it.

    THANKS a lot for your assistance,

    S.

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Hi

    Not sure if this is what you mean but is what I would try.

    in cell A1 type your first numer
    in cell b1 type =a1
    in cell a2 type =a1+1
    in cell b2 type =a2
    and then copy cells a2/b2 down as far as you want and that will keep on adding one to the sequence and repeating for you

    Hope that helps

  3. #3
    Patricia Shannon
    Guest

    RE: Any way to increase a series of cells by one?

    You could put the first number in the top cell, select the whole cells to be
    filled, including the first one, then use Edit/Fill/Series. I know it works
    when the cells are in a column.