Anyone notice excel search within cell limited to first 1024 chars

  1. #1
    frank479
    Guest

    Anyone notice excel search within cell limited to first 1024 chars

    I started noticing that the search within Excel only searches within the
    first 1024 characters within a cell. It's a wicked bug and sort of
    non-intuitive because if it will let you put more than 1024 characters in a
    cell it should be able to come back later and find (via the search) any
    character in the cell. When you search a spreadsheet for something and it
    comes back and says "not found" you really believe it's not there, when in
    fact it might be there in some cell, just past the first 1024 characters
    within the cell.

    click "I Agree" in the message pane.

  2. #2
    exceluserforeman
    Guest

    RE: Anyone notice excel search within cell limited to first 1024 chars

    maybe try a search function?