How to link cells in two workbooks that change daily?

  1. #1
    Doc Adams
    Guest

    How to link cells in two workbooks that change daily?

    I have an Excel workbook named template which I open daily, make changes
    to, and then close at the end of the day saving it with that day's date for a
    file name. (Example open the blank workbook daily named Template - Close
    Template at the end of the day and name it that for day's date, for example
    5-12-2006)

    I would like to open Template every day, but with a total from
    yesterdays workbook. Example, on 5-13-2006 open template but with a grand
    total sum that is in a cell that is within the workbook now named
    5-12-2006. The purpose is, of course, to start each new day with
    yesterdays grand total.

    Thanks for any and all ideas. Doc

  2. #2
    exceluserforeman
    Guest

    RE: How to link cells in two workbooks that change daily?

    Try this:

    Make_Copies_of_Workbooks:
    If the Target or Source Folder does not exist, it will be created. If the
    Source Folder contains only one workbook, this will be the Source Workbook.
    Otherwise, you will be asked to accept or reject the next workbook in the
    Source Folder. You will be alerted if no Source Workbook is selected or if
    the Source Folder is empty. The source Workbook will be saved - as a copy -
    into the Target folder. If the Target Workbook already exists, you will NOT
    be alerted. It will be overwritten. The Target Workbook Name is based on the
    Cell Values in this workbook, starting at Cell A2 and only ending when the
    Cell Value is blank...

    http://au.geocities.com/excelmarksway/Workbooks

    Make_Copies_of_Workbooks.xls

    If you put the Template.xls into theSource Folder, this will be the Source
    file.

  3. #3
    Doc Adams
    Guest

    RE: How to link cells in two workbooks that change daily?

    Thank you for this suggestion. I will try to set this up tomorrow and will
    let you know if it works.

    Doc