How do I lookup data and result specifics?

  1. #1
    Mark Rooker
    Guest

    How do I lookup data and result specifics?

    In A1:A590 i have a list part no., in B1:A590 I have the status (New, old,
    Current, Dev)
    what I am wanting to do is lookup any status, say New and list all the part
    no associated.
    To me sounds simple but in practice its a different story

    Regards
    Mark

  2. #2
    Mistysweep
    Guest

    RE: How do I lookup data and result specifics?

    Mark,

    It sounds to me like all you need to do is apply the filter.

    Highlight the two columns, DATA --> Filter --> Auto filter.

    On the drop down arrows pick the status and everything else disappears apart
    from the status and the part.

    Cheers
    --
    Many thanks

    Mistysweep

  3. #3
    Mark Rooker
    Guest

    RE: How do I lookup data and result specifics?

    Thanks, but I didn't explain that thee results are to be on a different
    worksheet.

    The original data is extracted from an external source, and I was wanting to
    use the same lookup form a mutitude of worksheets to put all the results on 1.

    Can this be done?

    Cheers