keyboard shortcuts

  1. #1
    Villain
    Guest

    keyboard shortcuts

    Is there something that would turn off some of the keyboard shortcuts
    in Excel?

    I can hit CTRL + SHIFT + END but instead of going to the end of the
    sheet, I go to the end of the row. If I open the same xls file on
    another computer, I can get to the end of the sheet, as I'm supposed
    to. The same goes for using CTRL + SHIFT + <ARROW KEY>. On my PC, it
    selects the entire row or column. On his, it may go 2 or 3 cells in
    the direction I press, but that is it.

    The user of the computer where this issue is occurring is a power user
    of Excel, but may have tripped a setting that I'm not familiar with.

    Does anyone have an idea as to why this may occur?

  2. #2
    Villain
    Guest

    Re: keyboard shortcuts

    On Wed, 17 May 2006 19:34:53 -0700, Villain <jdsauer@[not.giving.you]>
    wrote:

    >Is there something that would turn off some of the keyboard shortcuts
    >in Excel?
    >
    >I can hit CTRL + SHIFT + END but instead of going to the end of the
    >sheet, I go to the end of the row. If I open the same xls file on
    >another computer, I can get to the end of the sheet, as I'm supposed
    >to. The same goes for using CTRL + SHIFT + <ARROW KEY>. On my PC, it
    >selects the entire row or column. On his, it may go 2 or 3 cells in
    >the direction I press, but that is it.
    >
    >The user of the computer where this issue is occurring is a power user
    >of Excel, but may have tripped a setting that I'm not familiar with.
    >
    >Does anyone have an idea as to why this may occur?

    Update:

    If I log into his PC as a different user, I am able to use the
    shortcuts correctly, on the same file.

    What could he have changed that would affect the one user and not
    everyone else?

    As a side note, I uninstalled Adobe Acrobat Standard 6.0, as we had
    problems with it and macros in the past. I'm not sure if this made a
    difference or not, as I have it installed on my computer and have not
    had a problem yet.

  3. #3
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: keyboard shortcuts

    Try:
    <Tools> <Options> <Transition> tab,

    And *UNCHECK* everything *except*
    "Microsoft Excel Menus".
    --
    HTH,

    RD

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Villain
    Guest

    Re: keyboard shortcuts

    Microsoft Excel Menus wasn't an option, but unchecking the Transition
    Navigation Keys or something like that seems to have fixed some of it.

    We're working now on another issue he's having with Exchange.