Limitations of sharing a XLS

  1. #1
    MSNews
    Guest

    Limitations of sharing a XLS

    We have a monthly job log in excel that is shared by up to 20 users. They
    are constantly in and out,making changes. Lately it has been getting
    numbers in wrong colums/rows. I dont believe excel was made for this and
    it is just being overtaxed. Am I wrong? we dont see any other issues,
    network etc... Is there a document
    or best practices I could take to managament to convince them to give up
    this old technique of logging job data?

    thanks

    cr

  2. #2

    Re: Limitations of sharing a XLS

    I've never seen excel put stuff in the wrong columns/rows.

    But I have seen lots of users put stuff in the wrong columns/rows.

  3. #3
    Alan
    Guest

    Re: Limitations of sharing a XLS

    I have read recently about many project management sites that allow
    many, many users to update jobs, data, spreadsheets remotely. search
    google for "project management websites" and I bet you'll find the
    solution!

    Alan