Hiding "0" values in pivot table

  1. #1
    mogens
    Guest

    Hiding "0" values in pivot table

    In a worksheet I have a listing of stock records with ItemNumber, Date,
    StockLocation and NumberOnStock. When I make simple Pivot Table with
    ItemNumber and StockLocation as rows and select a Sum of "NumberOnStock"
    I would like to hide rows where the sum is "0". But this does not seem
    to be possible.

    Tried to follow the guidelines in the Microsoft article:
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/as...Table%20report
    But no luck :-(

    Mogens

  2. #2
    Pete_UK
    Guest

    Re: Hiding "0" values in pivot table

    You could use conditional formatting on these cells - highlight the
    cells, then Format | Conditional Formatting and choose "Cell Value Is"
    , "Equal to" and 0 (zero), then format the foreground colour to be the
    same as the background colour (usually white). Click OK, then the zero
    values should no longer be visible (though they are still there).

    Hope this helps.

    Pete

  3. #3
    mogens

    Pete_UK wrote:
    > You could use conditional formatting on these cells - highlight the
    > cells, then Format | Conditional Formatting and choose "Cell Value Is"
    > , "Equal to" and 0 (zero), then format the foreground colour to be the
    > same as the background colour (usually white). Click OK, then the zero
    > values should no longer be visible (though they are still there).
    >
    > Hope this helps.
    >
    > Pete

    Thanks Pete, but this was not exactly what I was after. The problem is
    that I occasionally move items between stock locations, and then the
    pivot-table gradually grows because it shows a value for the new stock
    location and a "0" for the old location. This makes it pretty chaotic
    for the warehouse guys.

    Mogens

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor
    what sounds like a similar question was asked in..
    http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?t=525257