Finding an asterisk

  1. #1
    Blah
    Guest

    Finding an asterisk

    Hello, I need to find numbers with an asterisk after them...but excel
    keeps treating it as a wild card character...anyway to stop this?

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Finding an asterisk

    kkjkljj*

    formula
    =FIND("*",B7)
    sub
    MsgBox InStr(ActiveCell.Value, "*")

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    tim m
    Guest

    RE: Finding an asterisk

    You could make a column and try this formula, put the actual cell reference
    in the fomula where your numbers start, then copy this down the column.

    =IF(RIGHT(A1,1)="*","Asterisk Here!","No Asterisk!")

  4. #4

    Re: Finding an asterisk

    Edit|Find
    search for ~*
    (tilde asterisk)

  5. #5
    Blah
    Guest

    Re: Finding an asterisk

    Yeah but I have to replace them to so its irritating not being able to
    use the replace all function. Any good formula for that?