Excel and Finance

  1. #1

    Excel and Finance

    Hi,

    I currently work in a finance related job and study economics as well. I would like to hear your opinions on which books/websites/tutorials and skills are recommended and often used in the world of finance. I most specifically would like to hear about what specific skills i.e. programming, presentation, reporting, is required in investment banking and related business. What helped you the most, or what do you think will be helpfull? Any suggestions will be apreciated!

  2. #2
    JLatham
    Guest

    RE: Excel and Finance

    You pose an almost impossible question to answer - at least not easy in the
    space generally allowed.
    The answer depends on at least two factors:
    Exactly what function you perform in your job, and
    what you'd be using Excel to do on the job.

    I would think that your coworkers or supervisor could give you a more
    point-on answer.

  3. #3
    vandenberg p
    Guest

    Re: Excel and Finance

    Hello:

    Try:

    Principles of Finance with Excel : Includes CD (Hardcover)
    by Simon Benninga

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/019...103-8316044-90

    Pieter Vandenberg

    erikhs <[email protected]> wrote:

    : Hi,

    : I currently work in a finance related job and study economics as well.
    : I would like to hear your opinions on which books/websites/tutorials
    : and skills are recommended and often used in the world of finance. I
    : most specifically would like to hear about what specific skills i.e.
    : programming, presentation, reporting, is required in investment banking
    : and related business. What helped you the most, or what do you think
    : will be helpfull? Any suggestions will be apreciated!

    : --
    : erikhs
    : ------------------------------------------------------------------------

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by JLatham

    "erikhs" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I currently work in a finance related job and study economics as well.
    > I would like to hear your opinions on which books/websites/tutorials
    > and skills are recommended and often used in the world of finance. I
    > most specifically would like to hear about what specific skills i.e.
    > programming, presentation, reporting, is required in investment banking
    > and related business. What helped you the most, or what do you think
    > will be helpfull? Any suggestions will be apreciated!
    >

    > --
    > erikhs
    > erikhs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32788
    > View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=543988

    Hi,

    I do realise that my question is not specific. I do not work in investment banking, i am still studying. I only wanted to know about other users personal experiences. I am off course aware of the different taks performed between front, middle and backoffice.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by vandenberg p
[...]

    ,

    Will do! Thank you for your input!