Required Information

  1. #1
    Mike J
    Guest

    Required Information

    I am setting up an order form template for a customer of the company I work
    for and need help. I have the template secured where they can only enter data
    into specific cells and I am using the Validation function to stop incorrect
    information from being entered. But I need a way that if they don't enter
    anything, the template will NOT allow them to proceed to the ordering area
    until they enter the correct information in these few cells. The cells are
    for "Order Date" and "PO Number". Without this information, we can't process
    the order.

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Required Information

    Hi!

    Just some thoughts:

    You can probably do what you want but it will take VBA code to accomplish. I
    can't help with that but consider this:

    The person that fills out the ordering info might not be the same person
    that assigns a PO number. I know this from my own experience. I would fill
    in the order info and forward the requisition to the purchasing dept where
    the PO number would be assigned and the order was actually executed. So, if
    you limit data entry the way you have described it may not be the best
    practice.

    Have you considered a big bold message in a big bordered box that says:
    "Without an Order date or PO number we cannot process this order"

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...