Redundant data?

  1. #1

    Redundant data?

    This might be a stupid question but...
    How do i remove redundant or incoorect data?

    Also to find trends would you use charts or somthing else?

  2. #2
    Paul Lautman
    Guest

    Re: Redundant data?

    Kelly06 wrote:
    > This might be a stupid question but...
    > How do i remove redundant or incoorect data?

    The delete key???

    > Also to find trends would you use charts or somthing else?

    Depends on the data. The right sort of charts can be good.

  3. #3
    I ment is there any functions or anything that removes that kind of data.

    Thanx for help

  4. #4

    Re: Redundant data?

    I have no idea of what redundant data means, but Chip Pearson has lots of
    techniques for working with duplicates at:

    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm

  5. #5
    Paul Lautman
    Guest

    Re: Redundant data?

    Kelly06 wrote:
    > I ment is there any functions or anything that removes that kind of
    > data.
    >
    > Thanx for help

    It depends on how you define redundant.

  6. #6

    Re: Redundant data?

    i'd start with

    a) not using excel for data entry -
    it has no real validation for datatypes
    b) not using excel for anything
    there are a dozen better tools for whatever you're trying to do.
    c) keep your data in a database; it's easy to get rid of duplicates in
    a database.
    d) not listen to excel dorks on this newsgroup
    by defintion they use excel; they are the wrong people to listen to.