From Columns to Rows

  1. #1
    Richard
    Guest

    From Columns to Rows

    There are portions of a large spreadsheet--not the whole spreadsheet--where
    I would like to convert several cells in one column to several cells in one
    row. For example, I would like to easily cut D4, D5, D6, D7 and turn them
    into E5, F5, G5, H5. Is there any way to do this without going one cell at a
    time?

    --Richard

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Vancouver

    Paste Special > Transpose

    Copy the cells to the clipboard and then select Paste Special and check Transpose.

  3. #3
    Larry S
    Guest

    Re: From Columns to Rows

    Select/Copy and then under EDIT, choose Paste Special an select the
    TRANSPOSE option.

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: From Columns to Rows

    Hi Richard,

    Try:

    Select the D4:D7 range
    Edit | Copy
    Select E5
    Edit | PasteSpecial | Transpose

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

  5. #5
    Miguel Zapico
    Guest

    RE: From Columns to Rows

    You can select the cells in the column you want, copy them, and then select
    the first destination cell in the row and paste special -> transpose.

    Hope this helps,
    Miguel